Digital Field Service Operations Management
In riger® you can easily initiate and manage both Equipment Rentals and Field Service jobs. The main difference between the two types of jobs (and tickets) is that in the case of a Field Service job having rental equipment in a ticket is optional. A typical field service ticket has different service items and allows to enter and track employee/crew time, consumables, parts, and other items that may be required to perform the work.
A very simple scenario of a service job is represented in the image below:
Assets that generate revenue and require tracking are called Items in riger®. Example of an item is Rental Units with their unique Unit Numbers, Goods, Materials, etc. To be able to track service delivery and retain history of service jobs, riger® has a special type of an item – Service Item.
When you schedule a delivery of services a service ticket is created in the system. Depending on the situation, you can create as many service tickets as required. These tickets (see image) are grouped by jobs (Rental Service Agreements), and all tickets pertaining to one job are generated from within RSA.
There are two different types of service tickets you can create in riger®. Both serve the same function with a slightly different interface and the underlying mechanism.
The two types are:
- Rental Ticket of type Service – a type of ticket which allows to set the service provision as a main focus for the current ticket and does not require to include any piece of equipment in the process.
- Field Ticket – a type of ticket that does not include information about equipment and is strictly intended for service delivery.
Recurring Services Scheduling
If you have a recurring service to provide, you can schedule tickets to be generated automatically. The automation feature eliminates the need to manually create a service ticket each time. All you need to do is to define the schedule for the recurring services. And, whenever a Service Invoice is generated, services from all those tickets will be included in the invoices as long as they have occurred during the time period of the invoice.
Employee Time Tracking
The Field Service ticket in riger® allows tracking employee time while being on the job. There are two different information tabs that allow tracking employee time. The first one – Time Tab – is for recording the job time, i.e. the time the field technician spends providing the service.
The second one is called Crew Tab. It allows to add crew members to the ticket and record their individual time spent working on specific service with a split into billable and payable hours and per diem.
Here’s an example of the Crew tab with time tracking for two employees
All time tracking information is available in the Business Analytics and HR modules and can be exported for payroll purposes as well as used in a series of standard reports.
There is a number of other tools and automation mechanisms in riger® that apply to Field Service, including, but not limited, to the following:
- Field Technician Availability Dashboard – a dynamic dashboard with the information about scheduled jobs/vacations and other availability information (sick days, days off) for each Field Technician
- Rig Movement Note – a powerful tool that allows to create multiple documents that are necessary for moving equipment one client/job/location to another, along with the services required to be provided with the Move operation – directly from within one window by providing all necessary details
- Rental Break Notes – a tool that allows setting the equipment that is already at the client location, to a state in which it stops to generate rental revenue, or accrues only a Standby Fee (if defined) for the time period, which is indicated in the note
- Equipment Swaps – done through the Rental Ticket of type Service. It’s a process that allows swapping a specific asset at a client location with another one as required
Features To Explore
Manage your oilfield operations on the go. Get access to real-time data anytime, anywhere.
Safety forms and customizable checklists allow your organization to stay compliant with safety rules and regulations.
Manage all repairs from one dashboard, control availability of rental items, assign technicians and track repair expenses.
See How With riger® You Can:
Manage Equipment Rental Operations
- Generate Oilfield Rental Invoices in 24 hours!
- Know Where your Rental Fleet and Field Team is
- Schedule Oilfield Service Instantly
- Dispatch Rental Fleet Faster
Be Always in Control
- See Full Picture and Make Data-driven Decisions
- Streamline Business Processes
- Solve Business Challenges (Sales, Service, Revenue)
- Analyze Performance in Real Time