Digital Dispatching And Scheduling Oilfield Jobs
Dispatching is one of those jobs which are directly associated with high responsibility, constant interaction with team members from other departments of the company and efficient use of available resources. Being in the center of operations and making multiple important decisions daily is highly stressful.
One of the main goals for RigER is to be the right tool for dispatchers allowing them to easily manage every single aspect of their job – see the availability of resources, deploy/return equipment, initiate and approve service, repairs, inspections, maintenance, manage personnel, and so on…
The RigER Equipment/Inventory Availability
Give a Dispatcher correct and up-to-date information about equipment and/or personnel availability and there will be no need to waste time trying to understand what’s on hand at any moment in time. RigER offers a wide range of tools that provide valuable information with just the right amount of details needed.
Here are just a few examples:
- Availability dashboard – a dynamic dashboard that shows the equipment (rental assets) availability based on the selected date (current – by default). So questions like – “How many pieces of a particular equipment are available for dispatch and from which shop”, “What Unit numbers are deployed to a particular location”, “Which units are under repairs” and so on are all already answered by this dashboard. It contains multiple filters that allow to narrow down the search. It also has sub-pages, which, when selected, will show either information about Rental Units (RU), or more detailed information about individual Unit Numbers (UN), or even consumables (Parts)
- Location History Dashboard – another powerful and dynamic dashboard that provides information filtered by locations – what equipment has been deployed, when, and for which client. What documents were involved in the chain and so on. Spoiler – it also allows you to manipulate all the documents from within…
- Location Report – another very handy tool for dispatchers that provides information about what equipment is at a particular location on a selected date (current – by default). In other words, it allows users to easily understand what exactly is on site at a particular moment and perform additional operations if needed
- Dispatch RU dashboard – another dynamic dashboard, specifically focused on providing information about item availability for a week-long window. It displays status information (available, deployed, etc.) about Rental Units with their corresponding Unit Numbers for the current day, previous two and next four days which adds more clarity on how to organize the dispatching operations
The RigER Equipment Deployment/Return and Service Provision
Rental and Field Tickets are used in RigER to move individual items and provide services. Rental Tickets are geared towards rental operations – they mark start and end of rental periods – while Field Tickets are intended to be used for oilfield services.
There are different types of Rental Tickets – each intended to perform a specific action:
- Delivery – used to deliver equipment to client’s location
- Return – used to return equipment from client’s location
- Service – used for service provision
- Maintenance – used to perform equipment maintenance based on maintenance templates
Field Tickets, on the other hand, do not have types and do not incorporate the functionality to work with rental equipment. The main focus is services with possible addition of consumables if needed.
A Dispatcher has the ability to create as many tickets as needed and in any combinations required – there are no limitations.
It is worth mentioning that all tickets that belong to one job will be created under one RSA document, which is an oilfield job in RigER.
The RigER Field Technician Dispatch
Having current information about Field Technicians’ availability is as important as about equipment availability. Being able to schedule jobs with the right Field Technician who is a good fit for the job will ensure quality of service and client satisfaction.
Same as with equipment availability, RigER has several tools that provide information about field personnel, for example:
- Dispatch FT dashboard – a dynamic dashboard that shows availability and historical information about each Field Technician/Supervisor – with their tickets
- Field Technician Calendar – a calendar that shows availability information for Field Techs and allows users to add days off or injured days
- Skills/Qualifications and Certificates – create a “personnel file” for each Field Technician to indicate their skills and qualifications, which might be required for certain types of jobs. Also, add certification information with expiry dates, when applicable. This information will then be available in different reports.
- Billable/Payable hours – every ticket contains fields that can be used to enter the Billable/Payable/Overtime/Per Diem and Bonus hours spent on the assigned job. This will allow users to track time for each Field Tech and use that information in Reports, Payroll calculation, etc. It is also possible to add the same information about crew members to any ticket.
The RigER Job Schedules
Automating recurring tasks saves a lot of time. It can be helpful for a dispatcher to be able to schedule recurring services. The RigER software has a scheduling mechanism that allows creating schedules and automating tasks. Schedules can be created either for Field Tickets or Rental Tickets of a type of Service. The scheduling mechanism is flexible enough to let dispatchers define the exact recurrence pattern required for ticket generation – for example: daily, weekly, monthly, on a specific day(s) of the week or month and so on…
There is much more that can be said when talking about how RigER handles dispatching operations, and a few paragraphs are just simply not enough. Contact us, schedule a demo, and let us show you how RigER can help boost your dispatching (and not only…)
Features To Explore
Track costs and utilization rate of 3rd party rental units in one system.
Reserve specific rental units for upcoming jobs and assign backup equipment to ensure uninterrupted service delivery.
Track third-party inspections, re-manufacturing, re-fabrication and repair of the equipment.
See How With RigER You Can:
Manage Equipment Rental Operations
- Generate Oilfield Rental Invoices in 24 hours!
- Know Where your Rental Fleet and Field Team is
- Schedule Oilfield Service Instantly
- Dispatch Rental Fleet Faster
Be Always in Control
- See Full Picture and Make Data-driven Decisions
- Streamline Business Processes and Documentation
- Solve Business Challenges (Sales, Service, Revenue)
- Analyse Performance in Real Time