Digital Dispatching And Scheduling Oilfield Jobs
Dispatching is one of those jobs that is directly associated with high responsibility, constant interaction with team members from all other departments of the company and efficient use of available resources. Being in the center of operations and making multiple important decisions daily is highly stressful.
One of the main goals of riger® is to be the right tool for dispatchers by allowing them to easily manage every single aspect of their job – see the availability of resources, deploy/return equipment, initiate and approve service, repairs, inspections, maintenance, manage personnel, and so on…
The riger® Equipment/Inventory Availability
Give dispatcher correct and up-to-date information about equipment and/or personnel availability and there will be no need to waste time trying to understand what’s on hand at any moment in time. riger® offers a wide range of such tools that provide valuable information with just the right amount of details needed.
Here is just a few examples:
- Availability dashboard – a dynamic dashboard that shows the equipment (rental assets) availability based on the selected date (current – by default). So questions like – “How many pieces of a particular equipment are available for dispatch and in which shop”, “What Unit numbers are deployed to a particular location”, “Which units are under repairs” and so on are all already answered by this dashboard. It contains multiple filters that allow to narrow down the search. It also has sub-pages, which, when selected, will either show information about Rental Units (RU), more detailed information about individual Unit Numbers (UN), or even consumables (Parts)
- Location History Dashboard – another powerful and dynamic dashboard with many filters that provides information by different locations – what equipment has been deployed, when, and for which client. What documents were involved in the chain and so on. Spoiler – it also allows to manipulate all the documents from within…
- Location Report – another very handy tool for the dispatcher that is there to provide information about what equipment is at a particular location on a selected date (current – by default). In other words, it allows to easily understand what exactly is at the client site to base off of and perform additional operations if needed
- Dispatch RU dashboard – another dynamic dashboard, specifically focused on providing information about item availability for a week-long window. It will display the status information (available, deployed, etc.) about Rental Units with their corresponding Unit Numbers for the current day, past two and next 4 days which will add more clarity on how to organize the dispatching operations
The riger® Equipment Deployment/Return and Service Provision
For the movement of individual items and service provision riger® uses Rental and Field Tickets. Rental Tickets are geared towards rental operations – those start and stop rental periods – while Field Tickets are intended to be used for oilfield services.
There are different types of Rental Tickets – each intended to perform a specific action:
- Delivery – used to deliver equipment to client location
- Return – used to return equipment from client location
- Service – used for service provision
- Maintenance – used to perform equipment maintenance based on maintenance templates
Field Tickets, on the other hand, do not have types and do not incorporate the functionality to work with rental equipment. Main focus is on service with possible addition of consumables needed for the services.
Dispatcher has the ability to create as many tickets as needed and in any combination that is necessary – there is no limitation.
It is worth mentioning that all tickets that belong to one job will be created under one RSA document, which in riger® is an oilfield job.
The riger® Field Technician Dispatch
Having current information about Field Technicians’ availability is no less important than the equipment availability information. Being able to schedule jobs with the right Field Technician who is fit for the job will ensure quality of service and client satisfaction.
Same as with equipment availability, there are several tools in riger® that provide information about field personnel, for example:
- Dispatch FT dashboard – a dynamic dashboard that shows availability and historical information about each Field Technician/Supervisor – with their tickets
- Field Technician Calendar – a calendar that shows availability information for Field Techs and allows to add days off or injured days
- Skills/Qualifications and Certificates – create a “personnel file” for each Field Technician to indicate their skills and qualifications, which might be required for certain types of jobs. Also, add certification information with expiry dates, when applicable. This information will then be available in different reports.
- Billable/Payable hours – every ticket contains fields that can be used to enter the Billable/Payable/Overtime/Per Diem and Bonus hours spent on the assigned job. This will allow to track time for each Field Tech and use that information in Reports, Payroll calculation, etc. It is also possible to add the same information about crew members to any ticket.
The riger® Job Schedules
Having recurring tasks automated saves a lot of time, and for a dispatcher it can be very helpful to be able to schedule recurring services. The riger® software has a scheduling mechanism that allows creating schedules and automating tasks. Schedules can be created either for Field Tickets or for Rental Tickets of type Service. The scheduling mechanism is flexible enough to let the dispatcher define the exact pattern needed for the ticket generation recurrence – for example: set a daily, weekly, monthly, on a specific day(s) of the week or month and so on…
There is much more that can be said when talking about how riger® handles dispatching operations, and a few paragraphs of text are just simply not enough. Contact us, schedule a demo, and let us show you how riger® can help boost your dispatching (and not only…)
Features To Explore
Track costs and utilization rate of 3rd party rental units in one system.
Reserve specific rental units for upcoming jobs and assign backup equipment to ensure uninterrupted service delivery.
Track third-party inspections, re-manufacturing, re-fabrication and repair of the equipment.
See How With riger® You Can:
Manage Equipment Rental Operations
- Generate Oilfield Rental Invoices in 24 hours!
- Know Where your Rental Fleet and Field Team is
- Schedule Oilfield Service Instantly
- Dispatch Rental Fleet Faster
Be Always in Control
- See Full Picture and Make Data-driven Decisions
- Streamline Business Processes and Documentation
- Solve Business Challenges (Sales, Service, Revenue)
- Analyse Performance in Real Time