IMPORTANT – READ CAREFULLY. THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN (1) YOU THE “LICENSEE”, WHO IS THE PERSON, COMPANY, OR ENTITY UTILIZING “RigER” – OILFIELD SERVICE AND RENTALS OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE (“RigER”) – AND (2) RIGER INC. (“RIGER INC.”). BY CLICKING THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON, OR BY USING RigER, THE LICENSEE IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”). THE LICENSEE FURTHER AGREES THAT ANY EMPLOYEES OR PERSONS THEY AUTHORIZE TO USE RigER WILL ALSO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF THE LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, OR DOES NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND THEIR ENTITY TO THESE TERMS, THEN THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED USAGE OF RigER.
Terms and conditions of agreement
1. OWNERSHIP. RigER Inc. owns and shall retain all rights, title, and interest in and to RigER, any updates or maintenance releases, and any related media, online or electronic documentation, including all copyrights, patents, trade secret rights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights thereto. RigER is protected by the copyright laws of Canada, international copyright treaties and conventions, and other laws, and all rights are reserved.
- Grant of License to RigER Inc. Licensee exclusively owns all rights in and to information it stores on RigER (“Information”). RigER Inc. needs a limited license from the Licensee to use (i.e., display, perform, and distribute) to make RigER information available to you. By providing information, you grant RigER Inc. a limited, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable, and worldwide license to use, modify, perform, display, reproduce and distribute the information for the sole purpose of operating RigER and providing related services. RigER Inc. shall also have an unlimited, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable, and worldwide license to use, incorporate into RigER, modify, perform, display, reproduce, and distribute any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations, or other feedback provided by you relating to the operation or features of RigER.
- Use Reporting, License Violations and Remedies. RigER Inc. reserves the right to gather data on your usage of RigER to ensure that our products are being used in accordance with the terms of this agreement. Any unauthorized use shall be considered by RigER Inc. to be a violation of this agreement. RigER Inc. reserves the right to remedy violations immediately upon discovery by any means necessary.
- RigER Inc. hereby grants the licensee, and the Licensee hereby accepts a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, fully revocable license to use RigER solely for internal use and operation upon the terms and conditions contained in this agreement (“License”). You may use and access RigER according to the license level purchased by you from any number of virtual machines or physical computing devices owned, leased, or otherwise controlled by you. For purposes of this agreement, “use” of RigER means accessing RigER over a computer network. RigER may not be used by a greater number of persons, agents, or employees than you have paid a license fee for. You acknowledge that RIGER INC. makes no representation as to the compatibility of RigER with any specific operating environments or computing device.
- Restrictions. The license is granted solely to the Licensee, and not to any parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of the Licensee. All rights not expressly granted hereunder are reserved to RigER Inc. The license does not include (a) maintenance, support, upgrades, or modifications to RigER other than as set forth herein, (b) derivative products developed by RigER Inc. or anyone else to whom RigER Inc. may license RigER, or (c) a license or transfer of any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by RigER Inc. or any RigER Inc. affiliate, subsidiary, or parent. The Licensee shall not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from, or any internal data files generated by, RigER, rent, lease or loan RigER, or use RigER in any manner that constitutes a breach of this agreement or violates any applicable law or regulation, including without limitation any third party copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary right, except to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- License Automatic Update and Expiration. Your license may include an expiration date that can result in the termination of the license. If your login identification is stolen, or if you suspect any improper or illegal usage of your license outside of your control you should promptly notify RigER Inc. of such occurrence. A replacement login will be issued to you and the suspect login will immediately be terminated. For your license to remain active, your monthly payment for each month must be processed prior to the expiration date in order for the license updates to be performed. For your convenience RigER Inc. provides License expiration warnings in the product interface should there be any issues that would cause the product License to expire. It is your responsibility to contact RigER Inc. regarding any potential expiration that you deem inappropriate. RigER Inc. is not liable for any damages or costs incurred in connection with the expiring Licenses.
- Liability for Third Parties. Should you make available any software, login identifications, or security credentials, or other means of access to RigER to third parties, whether deliberately or through error or omission, you agree that any and all use of RigER by such third parties, regardless of whether such use is specifically authorized or unauthorized by you, shall be legally attributed to you, and you hereby accept liability for any and all such use.
3. LICENSE FEES. RigER will be available to you for use upon your payment of the applicable license fee and your receipt of one or more login identifications. Upon acceptance of this agreement, you may use your license by paying the requisite license fees applicable to your level of use, using the procedure set forth on the RigER website (www.riger.ca). The license fees paid by you are paid in consideration of the license granted under this Agreement. RigER Inc. does not refund license fees. By accepting this Agreement you fully understand that once the license fee payment is made to RigER Inc. you will have no recourse for receiving a refund of any part of the fees.
4. TERM AND TERMINATION. The term of this Agreement commences as of the effective date, or upon your accessing, and using RigER even if you have not expressly accepted this agreement, and shall continue unless and until either party provides written notice to the other terminating this agreement, or if the Licensee makes an assignment or other transfer of this agreement or the license, by operation of law or otherwise. Upon the termination of this Agreement, all license rights granted hereunder shall terminate in full and without notice, and the Licensee shall immediately cease use of RigER. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any provision that by its nature or context is intended to survive any termination or expiration of this agreement, including but not limited to indemnification, shall so survive.
5. OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE. RigER may contain open source software components, each of which has its own copyright notice requirements and own applicable license conditions. These components are subject to the terms of third party open source licenses, and not the terms of this agreement. If any such license requires RigER Inc. to deliver the source code for such component to the Licensee, RigER Inc. shall do so upon request at a nominal fee.
6. CONFIDENTIALITY. The Licensee will not disclose RigER, or the terms and conditions or existence of this agreement to any third party without RigER Inc. express prior written consent.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY LICENSEE. The Licensee shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless RigER Inc. (and its officers, directors, employees, and agents) from and against any and all claims, suits, liability, damages, losses, costs, or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) which result from claims that any modifications the Licensee makes to RigER or any combination of RigER with software or other items not approved by RigER Inc. infringes or violation of any third party intellectual property right. In case any action or proceeding is brought against RigER Inc. by reason of any such claim, demand, action, damage, loss, liability, cost, or expense, the Licensee’s duty to defend shall begin upon receipt of written notice identifying the allegations that give rise to this duty to defend and shall be coextensive with the Licensee’s indemnification obligation.
8. NO WARRANTIES. RigER Inc. LICENSES RigER TO LICENSEE ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR ARISING BY STATUTE, CUSTOM, COURSE OF DEALING, OR TRADE USAGE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, RigER Inc. DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO RigER. THE LICENSEE ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE OPERATION OF RigER MAY NOT BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND THAT ERRORS MAY NOT BE CORRECTED. RigER Inc. IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY INTERFERENCE, ERRORS, OR PREVENTION OF THE LICENSEE’S ACCESS TO OR USE OF RigER. RigER Inc. IS NOT YOUR ACCOUNTANT AND USE OF RigER DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE RECEIPT OF ACCOUNTING ADVICE. IF YOU HAVE ANY ACCOUNTING QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT AN ACCOUNTANT. IT IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO DETERMINE THAT RigER MEETS THE NEEDS OF YOUR BUSINESS AND IS SUITABLE FOR THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH IT IS USED. YOU REMAIN SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLYING WITH ALL APPLICABLE ACCOUNTING, TAX, AND OTHER LAWS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THAT THE STORAGE OF AND ACCESS TO YOUR DATA VIA RigER AND THE WEBSITE WILL COMPLY WITH THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS (INCLUDING ANY LAWS REQUIRING YOU TO RETAIN RECORDS).
10. Backup of Data. The licensee shall maintain copies of all data and information inputted by the Licensee into RigER. RigER Inc. adheres to reasonable practices and procedures to prevent data and information loss, but does not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of data or information. RigER Inc. expressly excludes and disclaims any liability for any loss of the Licensee’s data and information, no matter how such loss was caused.
11. PRIVACY AND DATA SECURITY. RigER Inc. agrees that it shall use best efforts to (i) keep and maintain information in strict confidence, using such degree of care as is appropriate to avoid unauthorized access, use or disclosure; and (ii) use and disclose information solely and exclusively for the purposes for which the information, or access to it, is provided pursuant to the terms and conditions of this agreement and not use, sell, rent, transfer, distribute, or otherwise disclose or make available information for RigER Inc.’s own purposes or for the benefit of anyone other than the Licensee, in each case, without the Licensee’s prior written consent.
12. MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT. RigER Inc. will provide maintenance and support services in accordance with the terms of the plan selected by the Licensee. RigER Inc.’s obligations, if any, to provide maintenance and support is subject to the following: (a) the Licensee shall provide RigER Inc. with sufficient access to its account and personnel to duplicate and resolve errors; (b) the Licensee shall provide supervision, control and management of the use of RigER; (c) the Licensee shall document and promptly report all errors or malfunctions in RigER to RigER Inc., and (d) the Licensee shall take all steps necessary to carry out procedures for the rectification of errors or malfunctions within a reasonable time after such procedures have been received from RigER Inc.. Notwithstanding the foregoing, RigER Inc. shall be under no obligation to provide any updates, enhancements, modifications, revisions, or additions to RigER.
13. NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE. As a condition of your use of RigER, you warrant that you will not use RigER for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this agreement. You may not use RigER in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair RigER or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of RigER. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through RigER. The following is a non-exclusive list of actions that RigER Inc. considers to be inappropriate and thus prohibited. The examples identified in this list are provided as examples only for your guidance. If you are unsure whether any contemplated use or action is permitted, please contact RigER Inc..
- Using RigER for any activity that violates any local, provincial, federal or international law, order or regulation.
- Using RigER to transmit, distribute, store or access any material (by e-mail, publishing, uploading, posting or otherwise) which is inappropriate, profane, obscene, indecent, pornographic, libelous, harassing, constitutes a threat or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property, or otherwise objectionable or unlawful.
- Using RigER to transmit, distribute, store or access any material (by e-mail, publishing, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party. You assume all risks regarding the determination of whether material is in the public domain.
- Using RigER to make fraudulent offers to buy or sell products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial/soliciting scams including, but not limited to, “pyramid schemes,” “Ponzi schemes,” “mail bombing,” and “chain letters.”
- Using RigER to harm or attempt to harm a minor, including, but not limited to, hosting, possessing, distributing, or transmitting child pornography or other material that is unlawful.
- Any fraudulent activities, including impersonating any person or entity or forging anyone else’s digital or manual signature.
- Disrupting or interfering with RigER in any way, including through the uploading of files which contain viruses, worms, “Trojan horses,” or other software or programs that may be damaging to RigER or another user’s computer.
- Using RigER to transmit, or to facilitate the transmission of, any unsolicited commercial e-mail or unsolicited bulk e-mail.
- Using RigER to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of RigER or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
- Using RigER to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Reselling RigER.
- Using RigER for any activity that adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use RigER or the Internet.
- Using RigER in any way that could damage or impair RigER Inc.’s reputation or goodwill.
14. INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. The Licensee understands and agrees that its breach of this agreement will cause RigER Inc. irreparable damage for which recovery of money damages would be inadequate, and that RigER Inc. shall therefore be entitled to obtain timely injunctive relief to protect RigER Inc.’s rights under this agreement in addition to any and all remedies available at law, without the necessity of a bond.
15. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES.All trademarks are owned by RigER Inc. and their affiliates. The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion, and other matters related to RigER are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. Other than as expressly permitted in the “LICENSE” section above, the copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such matters or any part of RigER, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any article, document or other materials viewed through RigER. The posting of information or materials on RigER does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials. Some of the content on RigER may be the copyrighted work of third parties. Nothing contained in RigER should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by RigER Inc. or any third party.
16. CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT. Due to changing technological and marketing demands, RigER Inc. reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this agreement from time to time. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted on the website through which the Licensee accesses RigER, and/or by email to your primary email, and/or in mailings to the address you provide, and will be effective on the date noted in the posting. This agreement may not be amended or modified by the Licensee except by means of a written document signed by both the Licensee and an authorized representative of RigER Inc.. By continuing to use RigER after the amendments are effective, the Licensee accepts and agrees to abide by them.
17. GENERAL PROVISIONS. This agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the federal laws of Canada. This agreement is the entire agreement between the parties on the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior communications or agreements, written or oral. The relationship of the parties hereunder is that of independent contractors, and this agreement will not be construed to imply that either party is the agent, employee, or joint ventures of the other. In the event that any provision of this agreement is held to be unenforceable, this agreement will continue in full force and effect without said provision and will be interpreted to reflect the original intent of the parties. The Licensee may not assign or transfer this agreement (by operation of law or otherwise) without the prior written consent of RigER Inc. and any prohibited assignment or transfer will be null and void, but RigER Inc. may freely assign or transfer this agreement. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties’ permitted successors and/or assignees. Waiver by either party of a breach of any provision of this agreement or the failure by either party to exercise any right hereunder will not operate or be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of that right or as a waiver of any other right.